CHRISTINE'S BLOG

Welcome! I love to write, and I love sharing what I write with my readers. I vary my style as much as I can-posting events, creative non-fiction, prose and poetry and the occasional video. Enjoy!

Miigwetch

Christine

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Memories.... By: Christine McFarlane


Memories
are like waves in the ocean
they can come crashing in on you
when you least expect them to

Memories
are like the heavy winds
in a rainstorm
battering you
assaulting you
making you cry
and wanting to curl up
in a ball
and hide.
Memories
of trauma
never really go away
they are always there
lurking in your background
and haunting you
when you least expect it
Memories,
I want to bury them
try and forget
but they’re etched inside
I have to learn
how to cope with them
instead of letting them
take a piece of me
each time
they arise

1 comment:

Sittingbear said...

SWEET piece.

I love this, reminder of What makes me a Good person..the agreeable and disagreeable Remember whens...