CHRISTINE'S BLOG

Welcome! I love to write, and I love sharing what I write with my readers. I vary my style as much as I can-posting events, creative non-fiction, prose and poetry and the occasional video. Enjoy!

Miigwetch

Christine

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Wind

Wind whispering, yet screaming, cold, I shiver, I want to grab a coat, wrap something around me. Cars buzzing by, rubber wheels on pavement break the silence.

Wind tousles my hair, It feels as though something is caressing me. I feel comfort, warmth, as the sun streams down upon me, kissing my skin. I feel loved.

Trees stand tall and proud, their presence surrounds me, I do not feel alone. I stand, I feel the hard unyielding wood beneath my feet, my hands upon the ledge. I smell the clean fresh mountain air. It makes my nose tingle.

A smile spreads across my face. I'm happy, I want to bask in the sun forever, so that the cold that creeps up upon me in moments of loneliness goes away.

( a creative writing exercise written today at the Banff Emerging Writer's Program, still in progress of course)

No comments: