CHRISTINE'S BLOG

Welcome! I love to write, and I love sharing what I write with my readers. I vary my style as much as I can-posting events, creative non-fiction, prose and poetry and the occasional video. Enjoy!

Miigwetch

Christine

Saturday, July 2, 2011


Published in "xxx ndn" 2011- my poem "I Remember"

I Remember...
By: Christine McFarlane

I remember
When I first laid my eyes
Upon you
Something told me
You would be the one

The one
I would want to spend my time
 With
The one
Who would grab my attention
Like no one else had before

I remember
Your laughter
And how it could
Make everyone else laugh
Around you
Your smile
Melted my heart
And made me feel warm inside

I remember
The first time
We spent the day together
And
I didn’t want to go home

You told me
I could stay over
You weren’t shy
You came right out
And said
“I want to fool around
With you”

I remember
The first time we lay down
Beside each other
In your bed
And your hands caressed me
I wanted to scream
From the desire you conjured up
Within me

I remember
Our first kiss
And how it made me melt inside
And made me want more

I never tired
Of your company
I wanted to be with you always
You made me see a part of me
That no one else had before

I remember
The last time I saw you
You invited me over for dinner
And I couldn’t refuse
If it meant
Spending more time with you

I didn’t know
That it would be the last time
I saw you alive
Or that I would never again be able
To reach out
And feel
Your arms around me
Or have one more kiss
Planted on my lips

You left this world
And when you did
You took a part of me
With you

I miss you
More than you will ever know





No comments: