CHRISTINE'S BLOG

Welcome! I love to write, and I love sharing what I write with my readers. I vary my style as much as I can-posting events, creative non-fiction, prose and poetry and the occasional video. Enjoy!

Miigwetch

Christine

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Rite of Passage



Last month, I wrote about how changes are good, and that when something new comes along, sometimes the situation can be difficult to deal with. Right now I am struggling with some changes that have me on a huge emotional roller coaster.

This emotional rollercoaster is a difficult ride and it’s a ride that sometimes makes me go back to old ways of thinking and has me questioning how I am going to make it through.

It is those days where I am back to my old ways of thinking that I have to remind myself that I have to push through, keep my head up high and remember that I have not come as far as I have to just give up. I have to remind myself of the skills I have used to get through difficult times before-listening to music, writing, or reaching out to someone even if I feel like staying inside my apartment and hiding from everyone.

The changes that I am dealing with are not the end of the world but what a wise friend says is “a rite of passage.” My undergraduate years are done, and a new life is beginning...

Questions run through my mind about these changes and I am not afraid to say that this “rite of passage” in my life scares me because what has been my life for the past five years school and studying has been my life saver. Now I have to look for new ways, and I realize that though this journey of getting my undergraduate degree is done, there is a whole new world waiting for me. I just have to believe in myself and tell myself, “you got through this, you can get through anything, you set your mind to.”

No comments: