CHRISTINE'S BLOG

Welcome! I love to write, and I love sharing what I write with my readers. I vary my style as much as I can-posting events, creative non-fiction, prose and poetry and the occasional video. Enjoy!

Miigwetch

Christine

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mother Earth

As my feet
Hit the soft earth

I raise my arms
And look to the skies

A smile
slowly etches its way
Across my face


I take in the beauty
And wonderment
Of nature around me

And
I become one
Once more

I take a moment
And say thank you

For the life that surrounds me
From the tiniest blade of grass
That tickles my toes
To the small army of ants
Busily making their homes

I say thank you
To the breeze
That whispers
And tousles my hair

To the sun
That shines down upon me

Because it is without him
Father Sun

That I would not be able
To experience
The life that makes

Mother Earth
What she is


( a work in progress)

No comments: