CHRISTINE'S BLOG

Welcome! I love to write, and I love sharing what I write with my readers. I vary my style as much as I can-posting events, creative non-fiction, prose and poetry and the occasional video. Enjoy!

Miigwetch

Christine

Monday, July 15, 2013

Event- 1st Annual Ojibwe Language and Culture Camp-July 27 and July 28, 2013


Join the Centre for Aboriginal Initiatives' Indigenous Language Initiative, along with Patrick Nadjiwon, Alan Corbiere, and a few other special guest speakers/teachers and Elders in our first annual Ojibwe Language and Culture Camp. 

The camp will be held on U of T campus (Multi-Faith Centre) on Saturday July 27th and Sunday July 28th from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Lunch will be provided, and the event is open to any/all free of charge. Children must come accompanied by their guardian(s), but families are encouraged to participate! 

The Multi-Faith Centre is an accessible building and has an accessible washroom for those with disabilities. It is also well air conditioned so come stay cool with us while learning some Anishinaabemowin kaye Ishicikewin.


       For more details or to register please e-mail Connor Pion at 

        indigenous.languages@utoronto.ca




No comments: