CHRISTINE'S BLOG

Welcome! I love to write, and I love sharing what I write with my readers. I vary my style as much as I can-posting events, creative non-fiction, prose and poetry and the occasional video. Enjoy!

Miigwetch

Christine

Friday, December 30, 2011

Poetry By Christine McFarlane


By: Christine McFarlane

My head
 once
 down

My shoulders
 hunched

A
  bitter cold
used
to surround me

I had
no escape


The wind
would sting
my face

  The rain
coming down 
in torrents

Was my tears
springing forth

As I recalled
a past

 Once filled

With nothing
but black skies

A war
went on inside

 Thunder beings
Quarreled with
Lightening bolts

Lighting up
Mother Earth's
skies


 Coldness
seeped
 into my bones

Making me
 shiver
and withdraw

Today

 I hold
my head up

Stand tall
and
tell myself

The past is over with

Today is today

 And now
the sun shines

Where  darkness 
use to reign

All because 
you helped me
to believe

In me

No comments: