CHRISTINE'S BLOG

Welcome! I love to write, and I love sharing what I write with my readers. I vary my style as much as I can-posting events, creative non-fiction, prose and poetry and the occasional video. Enjoy!

Miigwetch

Christine

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Poem-Afraid To Let You Go

Afraid to Let You Go
By: Christine McFarlane

I wonder why
It's so hard
For me to let you go

Even after
All of these years

I see your image
Within my head

And though
Its foggy
I think I have seen you

Sometimes standing
At the end of my bed

Reaching your hand out
Smiling and telling me

You will be okay.

I wonder why
Its so hard
To let you go

But deep down inside
 I think I know why

You were my one comfort
My rock
When you were here

And
I am afraid
To let that go

To explore
Something new

No comments: