CHRISTINE'S BLOG

Welcome! I love to write, and I love sharing what I write with my readers. I vary my style as much as I can-posting events, creative non-fiction, prose and poetry and the occasional video. Enjoy!

Miigwetch

Christine

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Writing Prompts: Some Suggestions To Get You Writing


Writing Prompts:

1.the sign said "No shirt, no shoes, no service"—but that didn't matter. He had to get inside. 

2.Take two of your favorite songs, and match up a line from the chorus of one with a line from the chorus of the other. Then, write a scene that starts with the first lyric, and ends with the second.

3.In front of your car, the dump truck stops. Your heart nearly does, too, when you see what's poking out of the back of it.

Taken from Writer's Digest Blog-Promptly. 2010

(I find that writing prompts are very helpful when there are moments that I can't seem to write anything-these stir my thinking and get my writing started. Every once in awhile I will be posting these prompts in the hopes that they will help you with your writing also.)




No comments: