CHRISTINE'S BLOG

Welcome! I love to write, and I love sharing what I write with my readers. I vary my style as much as I can-posting events, creative non-fiction, prose and poetry and the occasional video. Enjoy!

Miigwetch

Christine

Monday, November 26, 2012

A Poem: What is Home?


What is Home?
By: Christine McFarlane

Home is the path
I have taken
To regain my identity

Discovering who I am
The place I take up in this universe
 And my very own body


Home
Is the path
That is a long and winding
Road

Gravelly
And rocky
Because its filled
With many challenges

Home
Is the wind that whispers
Around me, yet screams
If I hesitate or question
Myself

Doubting my capabilities
And what I can
Achieve

Home
Is the path
I have taken
And still undertake
To learn about myself
And those around me

It’s being able
To sit in silence
Or be at home 

Knowing that it is okay
To be alone

Home is the path
I have taken
Knowing that I am where
I am in life
And that it’s up to me
To be the change
I want to see in life

In order to be
Free

2012

No comments: