CHRISTINE'S BLOG

Welcome! I love to write, and I love sharing what I write with my readers. I vary my style as much as I can-posting events, creative non-fiction, prose and poetry and the occasional video. Enjoy!

Miigwetch

Christine

Monday, June 25, 2012

Na-Me-Res Annual Pow Wow

(Head Male Dancer-Lee Benson-Photo By: Christine McFarlane)


NA-ME-RES (Native Men's Residence) held their 12th Annual Traditional Pow Wow on June 23, 2012 at Wells Hill Park. This event is arguably Toronto's largest outdoor pow wow, and was very well attended. There was traditional dancing, drumming, a feast, giveaway, a kids area, craft and information booths and a silent auction.

The NA-ME-RES' (Native Men's Residence) has been organizing and putting together this pow wow for 12 years. Their mission is to provide temporary and transitional housing to Aboriginal men experiencing homelessness in Toronto while providing outreach and support services to Toronto's broader Aboriginal homeless population. 

For more information about NA-ME-RES or if you wish to donate, visit NA-ME-RES' website at www.nameres.org and download their donation form or contact them by email at general@nameres.org


No comments: