CHRISTINE'S BLOG

Welcome! I love to write, and I love sharing what I write with my readers. I vary my style as much as I can-posting events, creative non-fiction, prose and poetry and the occasional video. Enjoy!

Miigwetch

Christine

Friday, February 24, 2012

Poetry- I Travelled A Road- By Christine McFarlane

Photo Image courtesy of Yahoo

I Travelled A Road
By: Christine McFarlane


I travelled
A road
That I thought
No one knew
Except me

A road
Filled
With challenges
Dips and curves

No one
Should ever have to encounter
Within
Their lifetime

abandonment
loss
suicide attempts

you name it
the challenges
were there

The
 Questioning
Of who I am
And what I wanted 
To become

Yet I turned
The corner
And ran into
You

I travelled
A road
That I thought
No one else knew 
Except me

Yet
There you were
With open arms
And these wise words
To impart

I am here
To tell you
You are going
To be okay

As I stood before you
I crumpled
And broke down
Crying

I travelled
A road
That I thought
No one else knew
Except me

Yet I turned
The corner
And ran into 
You

And you
Told me
You are going 
to be okay

Its these words
And your actions
That helped me
To believe once more

And I know now

Yes

I will be okay.

Thank you

Miigwetch

2012




No comments: