CHRISTINE'S BLOG

Welcome! I love to write, and I love sharing what I write with my readers. I vary my style as much as I can-posting events, creative non-fiction, prose and poetry and the occasional video. Enjoy!

Miigwetch

Christine

Monday, February 23, 2015

Event Posting- Join Writer in Residence Cherie Dimaline on Saturday March 7, 2015 @ 3pm till 4:30pm at North York Central Library



Join Writer in Residence Cherie Dimaline in celebrating the first Aboriginal residency at the North York Central Library. Browse select volumes from the stacks, hear about the goals and events for this unique residency and enjoy traditional drummers and dancers from the urban Aboriginal community. Special readings by Toronto area Aboriginal authors and poets. Please call 416 395 5639 to register for this FREE program.

Legendary author Lee Maracle, poet Giles Benaway will read from their own works at this event. Community activist Sylvia Plain will read from her Great Grandpa's book "Sarnia Indian Reserve". Opening address by Ontario's Minister for Aboriginal Affairs, David Zimmer and the province's first Indigenous female Deputy Minister, Deborah Richardson. Stephanie Pangowish and Josh Smoke from Smoke Trail Singers will be on hand to sing and drum. Come celebrate this great new programming at the Toronto Public Library!

No comments: